People don’t use bikes because they are convenient, they use them because bikes are awesome. That wind blowing over your ear, passing that curve, everything about bikes is awesome.
If we have so much, why do we leave the convenience? You can get high quality speakers even smaller than your phone. So, why can’t your motorcycle have one?
We found some great products when we were out in the market for the best 6×9 speakers for a motorcycle.
But people often find it difficult to choose the best speakers for their specific motorcycle. No worries. We are here today to share all our thoughts about this fact. This discussion will guide you till the end and we promise you will learn many things essential about this particular fact.
List of Motorcycle 6×9 Speakers:
5 Best 6×9 Speakers for Motorcycle
In the market some of the products got us disappointed while some really impressed us with excellent features. We instantly listed them to share with you. Check out the small details of each pair of speakers we listed right below.
1. Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime Full-Range Coaxial Speaker
If you are looking for a pair of full-range bike speakers, undoubtedly Rockford Fosgate will be the first product to suggest. These are the best overall 6×9 motorcycle speakers you can install easily on your bike. For installation, you will get an additional grill and essential accessories.
High-quality polypropylene cones and a midrange silk dome Piezo tweeter are used to form this product. The sound quality of these speakers is indeed mind-blowing. The rubber surrounded layer indeed ensures its durability and better sound quality.
You shouldn’t miss this pair of speakers for another great reason. It is initially integrated with high-pass crossovers that you will find mostly on high-end and expensive speakers. Besides, it’s a full-range speaker and you will definitely love its performance.
- Pair of full-range 4-Ohm 3-way speakers that initially come with tweeter crossover
- These speakers hold to power up to 65 Watts RMS to 130 Watts Max
- Build with vacuum Polypropylene cone
- A year of warranty and free service
- You will need 1 12V battery to use this pair of speaker
- All the parts are well constructed and the finishing is quite smooth
2. New Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series Audio Coaxial Speakers
This pair of KICKER DS series speakers are a great upgrade for your bike. It provides excellent built quality along with realistic sound profiles. It features UV-treated foams that offer exceptional surround sound. So, make your next ride memorable with KICKER DS.
KICKER DS series speakers are all about clean, crispy, and realistic sounds without any hotchpotch. It is made to fit almost all bikes and other vehicles. This will support your existing plugs and holders with a few tweaks if needed. The classic black color of the speakers will suit any motorcycle.
Your motorcycle will get a new life just after installing it. The overall weight is around 8.9 lbs which is not much for a powerful audio output system. Neodymium-made magnets in the tweeter make it very reliable and add up the overall durability.
- Includes 0.5-inch tweeters, which are PEI domed
- Minimal bass response with clear low tone technology
- Provides phenomenal sound quality with its supersonic coaxial speakers
- Includes EVC technology and dome tweeter to render high notes in clarity
- Capable of rendering low bass notes up to 30Hz
- Max output is 360 watts with 90 watts RMS power per set
- Robust 1 year of warranty directly from the manufacturer
3. JBL GTO939 GTO Series Black Coaxial Audio Speakers Stereo
JBL is known for its unparalleled sound system for vehicles. Here, we have JBL GTO939 that is specially made for high-end motorcycles. This is a 3-way type speaker set with a three-inch mounting depth for versatile installation support.
You will have wireless connection support. Moreover, it has a built-in microphone. The 4-Ohm topology helps the speaker system continuously provide powerful performance without any audible loss. It includes crossover networking technology to filter high and low tones.
It is louder than many heavy setups yet is significantly compact in size. The packaged weight is around 4.4 lbs, making it ideal for lightweight cafe racers to heavy roadmasters. Additionally, JBL provides some sort of weather protection to last long in dusty and humid conditions.
- The best woofer style stereo speaker kit
- Users can easily install in all types of motorcycle
- Provides high-quality bass response with surrounding sound effects
- Made of high-quality hardware with mylar/titanium composite built tweeters
- Peak sound output is up to 600watts whereas 200RMS watts per pair with sensitivity up to 94 dB
- Comes with a superior 3 way sound system with BOOM type bass response
- Offers a comprehensive 5 years warranty policy
4. Pioneer TS-A6990F 6×9″ 5-way bike audio speakers
To get smooth sound seamlessly on your motorcycle, you can simply try Pioneer TS-A6990F bike audio speakers. It is again a set of two durable speakers and widely, it is known as one of the loudest 6×9 speakers for motorcycle. To say it honestly, all the A-series speakers from this company provide the loudest sound.
With an oversized motor structure and modern design, this pair of speakers provides a very smooth transition between the tweeter and midrange drivers. It also equips the motorbike perfectly. Besides, it comes with a woofer basket to ensure maximum bass.
You can set this audio speaker on any of your vehicles because of its multiverse integration. Once you start using it, you will get a perfect sense of the difference between an ordinary speaker and this one.
- This Pioneer A-series product is a set of 5 way full-range speakers
- Constructed with carbon and mica reinforced Injection Molded Polypropylene
- Optimized with uniform off-axis frequency
- Provides maximum high impact bass, excellent sound quality, and quality performance
- 2-1/4″ polyetherimide film cones and Triple polyethylene terephthalate dome poles are used to form these speakers
- The nominal power is 120 Watts and the maximum power is 700 Watts
5. Harley Speaker Lids
Yes, the final recommendation is Harley Speaker Lids and we are sure you will love this speaker set as well. This set is the perfect match for the mid-driver and the sub. You will be wrong if you think of this as the mid-bass speaker. Indeed, it is the high output driver.
It is initially a perfect fit for 6.5 speakers and horns. Also, this speaker set is made with superior magnets and highly sensitive DS motors. You will get almost lossless audio quality. You will never find a similar sound experience like this one.
This pair of speakers also lets you operate it with your smartphone for the best virtual listening experience. Moreover, it comes in a lightweight package comparing other alternatives.
- A set of two 6×9 full-range motorcycle speakers.
- The lids will protect the speakers from dust and water.
- Integrated with DB Drive P4M 6SB.
- Comes with Diamond M1SRT horns.
- Installation process is very easy and all essential kits are available.
- Made to last long, featuring premium built materials
What to Look for Before Buying?
Users often find it challenging when choosing the appropriate pair of motorcycle 6×9 speakers. You must think about the points to get confused, right? Well, there are many factors that make you confused.
A speaker is completely different from most bike parts. Initially, it is different from speakers of other types as well. So, we suggest checking out the basic factors of the motorcycle speakers to get a clear thought of them.
Most of the best 6×9 motorcycle speakers come with an inbuilt amplifier and it is always recommended to go for one like this. If the speakers don’t have one, you have to buy a loose amplifier and set it separately.
Basically, an amplifier powers the sound and the range of the sound by the speaker. So, it is essential to check how many amplifiers the speaker includes.
The wattage of the speaker is the most important fact to check before you buy one. Remember that how much watts the speaker can integrate will consider how loud the sound will be. To say it more clearly, the more watts it has, the louder the sound it will be.
Generally, you can go for a 100-watt speaker system if you have a low CC bike of 50 miles per hour. 100 watts are known as series 1 whereas 150 to 199 watts are known as series 2. And above 200 watts is known as the series 3. Get a series 2 speaker if your bike has 70 miles per hour mileage. For above, get one from series 3.
Input Connection Source
So, what’s the input source of the speakers? Did you check it? Most speakers come with smartphone integration and so, users can simply use their phone as the source. But some don’t come with this feature. Smartphone integration makes things easier for sure. That’s why we suggest going for one with smartphone integration.
Just like the smartphone integration as the input connection source, having Bluetooth connectivity is essential. Otherwise, you may not operate it with your smartphone. Don’t forget to check this before you buy one.
Finally, you should check the sound quality for sure. How about you buy a pair of 6×9 waterproof motorcycle speakers, spending a lot of money and the sound quality is horrible? It must be your nightmare. Well, forgetting about checking the sound quality can really be your worst nightmare. So, be aware of that.
It’s not about car speakers but about the waterproof 6×9 motorcycle speakers. And your motorcycle doesn’t always get a cover when it is raining. So, you should always go for a waterproof speaker.
You must be aware that a pair of motorcycle speakers is not for one-time use. People often use one set of speakers in their vehicles for decades. So, you should buy the durable and good-quality one that will ensure you with years-long performance. Having a warranty is also important. Check this before you buy one.
Besides, you should check the build quality, installation process, available kits, etc while buying the appropriate motorcycle speakers.
1. How many watts can a 6×9 motorcycle speaker take?
6×9 motorcycle speakers can initially take a minimum of 130 to 600 watts varying according to the motorcycle mileage.
2. What’s a good amp to use with a pair of these 6×9 motorcycle speakers?
Rockford Fosgate is a good amp to use with a pair of these 6×9 motorcycle speakers.
3. Can I connect 6×9 motorcycle speakers to an amplifier?
Connecting a 6×9 motorcycle speaker to an amplifier is not essentially important. But you can simply connect the amplifier easily to the speaker to increase the sound and its quality.
4. Can I add 6×9 speakers to my motorcycle?
Yes, you can add 6×9 speakers to your motorcycle easily. The process of installation depends on the type of speakers. All of them come with their respective installation manual and you can follow them to install it.
5. Do 6×9 motorcycle speakers have to be waterproof?
Being waterproof for a 6×9 motorcycle speaker is not mandatory. But a waterproof speaker works better and performs longer.
No wonder speakers are an important part for bike riders. It ensures your attention to driving and helps you enjoy a great ride. And this content about the best 6×9 motorcycle speakers must help you choose the appropriate one for your motorcycle.
One thing is sure, that if you buy one from here you are not gonna be in the losing side. Nevertheless, we also added the buying to help you research for your own bike speakers.